Polyurea spray coatings can be a little hard for the average consumer or business owner to understand. The term polyurea doesn’t mean a specific type of coating or specification. Instead, it’s a more general description of a polymer technology that’s regularly used for a coating or lining.
This type of coating or lining is generally used over the top of concrete and steel to prevent corrosion, while also providing protection against abrasive outside sources.
However, polyurea coatings and linings can be used in other ways as well, and it can be sprayed over geotextile fabric and concrete in indoor and outdoor situations. At Pro Blast Technology, we can even use polyurea to help with roofing, and containment and air permeation issues in industrial, commercial, and business settings.
Benefits of Polyurea Coating
Spray on polyurea coatings and linings have a wide variety of different benefits other than providing corrosion and abrasion protection. That’s why countless businesses and builders have chosen to work with polyurea coatings in their projects. Benefits include:
- No VOC content, allowing for safer application and less exposure to chemicals
- Virtually no smell when applied and curing
- Resistant to abrasion, even in high-traffic areas
- USDA and potable water approved (depending on system used)
- Weather tolerant during curing process, allowing for year-round application in most areas
- Resistant to thermal shock
- Waterproof after installation and curing
- Seamless and highly resilient to damage and cracking, even in high-use areas
- Highly-flexible and easily applied to non-linear surfaces
- Unlimited millimeter thickness in a single application
- Easily bonded to a wide variety of different common surfaces and materials
- Resistant to mild acids, caustics and many common solvents
- Low permeability, allowing for appropriate use in many different settings, including commercial facilities
Pro Blast Technology
Contact Pro Blast Technology online or call us at 218-885-4888 to learn more about our polyurea coating services and if they would work well for your project.
From renovation jobs to major building projects, Pro Blast Technology can help you understand everything you need to know and answer tough questions like why you should choose polyurea versus epoxy floor coatings.